Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sean Hannity on Mitt and Fred

From Last Night's show:

Hannity: Congratulations on Michigan and Nevada, two big wins. So far most votes, most delegates; two new polls out have you leading in Florida. And now it's become very, very competitive in the state of California, now that Fred Thompson and -- Mike Huckabee's pulled out of Florida, so it seems. Where do you think those votes will be most likely to go?

ROMNEY: Well, I'm not a pollster, not a prognosticator or a pundit, as it relates to where the people are going to go. But I do think that because Fred Thompson was concentrating on rebuilding the Reagan coalition, if you will, of social conservatives and economic and foreign policy conservatives, and that's the same course I've been pursuing during my entire campaign, that a lot of Fred Thompson support will come my way. I sure hope so. I'm calling those guys and asking for their help. I want to get as many of the Thompson people as I can.

HANNITY: You mentioned yesterday in an interview right here on Fox that you would have Senator Thompson on a short list for vice-president. Do you stand by that today?

ROMNEY: Well, I'm saying that the people who are on the stage who are fighting for the presidency are all folks that would merit that kind of attention. We have a really strong field. People ask me from time to time, why do you think it hasn't narrowed down yet to one candidate in the Republican process? And the answer is; we've got a great group of candidates. So, with very few exceptions, they all would merit a very close look for V.P., whether I'm the nominee or someone else is.

4 comments:

TQ said...

Very Few Exceptions = Mike Huckabee

Teej MacArthur said...

It will be interesting to see what happens, though I do think it would be a complimentary choice for Romney to choose a Southerner to team with him in the run against the Dems this fall.

Summer said...

Of course I know who you are. Thanks for the comment! And how is Oscar doing???

Summer said...

PS- I am 10 years old!
-Summer